Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My Birthday & A Surprising Update

Sorry I haven't been updating the blog, I've had a crazy week! Monday was my birthday...you know...the big 29 I mean 26! On Friday my BFF who lives in LA decided since she had 3 days off that she would drive over and surprise me! That was the best gift ever...to be able to spend 3 days with her and her little one (who is 4 months younger than M!). I was lucky enough to spend my birthday with all the people that mean the most to me, and that's all I really wanted.  The new pink Coach bag they got me wasn't too bad either ; )  We went to Benihana's to kick off my last year in my 20's.


We took a trip to the splash pad...



and then us momma's had some 'big girl time' and went out for sushi and dessert!


Now onto the surprising update...

Monday I had an IVF consult at my clinic and tomorrow I have another one at another clinic who is offering a more competitive price for IVF right now as part of s summer special. You read that right, we *MIGHT* be doing IVF! Betcha thought I'd never say that again! I never thought I'd say that again! Nothing is set in stone, and no final decision has been made, but I am really working on getting my DH on board. He agreed to me going for the consults, and obviously is considering it.

Now it all comes down to the numbers. It costs SO much money and we are all OOP, which is why I am even consulting at another clinic- cost! Meds alone would run me 2,500-3,500!! I just don't know if in the end I can get him to agree to spending that much money, so I am trying my best to get this as cheap as possible. I have contacted a group who helps donate unopened/unexpired fertility meds to those who need it to see if anyone has anything to donate, so I have been added to the "want list". My current RE would put me on the antagonist protocal, so I need follistim or other similar stim, low dose hcg, ganirelix, and estrace. If any of you have anything left over, I can take that off your hands ; ) ANYTHING would help!

We'll see how it goes tomorrow with the other RE and then we'll go from there! If we do this, I would start birth control (21 days as part of the antagonist protocol) when I get my next period, which would be in another week or two! I just PRAY and PRAY that this works out.

4 comments:

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

Lisa-I have a few vials of follistim in my fridge. Contact me after your next appt if you want them!

And happy late birthday!

{little birdie boutique} said...

Wow what an exciting turn of events! I can't wait to hear how your consult goes!

Momma Wilson said...

well that's a happy birthday for you:)

bella1021 said...

Happy Birthday!!
Fingers crossed for great consults and getting meds and getting hubby on board!!! :)