Tuesday, December 18, 2012

What Happened

I'm sure you all want to know what happened with my cousin L. Well she left our family the first week of June, not to go back to her mothers, but to go to her grandmothers. I hated that it didn't work out with us where she could have stayed here, but the truth of the matter is it was really very hard on my family. My husband had had enough, and I was starting to see an impact on my girls with their behaviors that they were picking up from her.

So we decided as a family that it would be best that she go to grandmas, because her mothers situation is not ANY better and I'm not sure if it ever will be. She did tell me once a few months after the baby was born that she should have gone with her gut and let me adopt the baby....but it was too late for that. My heart was already closed and I had moved on. I had too.

After L left it was really hard on me. I felt so incredibly guilty, and responsible and it was so hard for her to understand and my girls to understand, but I simply couldn't let my family fall apart just to help her. The truth is, I did all I could do to help her. I and know that many of the lessons I taught her will carry on with her.

It was and adjustment period to get used to life without her in the house...suddenly the house was so quite, even with 2 kids here. But we healed, and moved on, and things are good now! She's doing well, and my girls have settled back into their "normal" lives.

All in all it was a great experience  and even though it didn't work out the way I had planned, I'm glad we had those 7 months with her. Funny thing is, is she asks to come to our house all the time (not to her parents!) so that means I must have done something right.


2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, Lisa. I'm so sorry, I know that had to be hard but like you said, you had to do what what right for your family. Hugs and glad to see you are back! :)

melifaif said...

You did alot right. Praying for you, L and your entire family.