Monday, September 13, 2010

8 Months!



Well here I am again- almost 2 weeks late posting this. Little M is 8 months old and is a bundle of fun these days! She's cruising all over the places holding onto furniture and will even stand for a few second without holding onto anything. She's really starting to show her personality. I think she's going to be a lot more reserved than me and Kay, she's a thinker and boy is she STRONG. Nothing stands in her way of something she wants! She's a happy little baby and loves to play. Here is all about Miss M at 8 months:

- She hasn't been to the Dr. but I am guessing she weighs in the 18-19 pound range.
- She wears 9 month or 12 month cloths and a size 3 diaper.
- She has her two bottom teeth.
- She eats 3 solid meals a day and has about (4) 6 oz. bottles a day. We are trying more and more finger foods and so far some of her favs are cheerios, puffs, shredded cheese, scrambled eggs, broccoli, waffles, green beans, bread, cottage cheese, pasta, and bananas. She is a great eater!! She'll eat anything you put in front of her. I haven't started meats yet, and am very hesitant. We are planning on waiting at least until 9 months- or really when she can eat the meat we do. All organic, free range, hormone/antibiotic free meats. Yes, its very expensive (I pay about 13.00 for 3 chicken breasts!) but its the only meat I feed my family. Even though she only eats Earths Best Organic baby food, I still don't trust what meat is in there and don't know how and what it was processed (is it white meat? dark meat? etc.). I want to be able to control what is going into my little babies body! So she's a veggie for now.
-She sleeps from 7 to 6:30-7:00am and we just moved to 2 naps per day. One in the morning around 9:30-10:00, and one around 2:00 (her longest).
-She gets a bath every night now because she is a MESS after dinner!
- She does great with the sippy cup and loves cold water. We just started diluted juice, and so far she doesn't know what to think of it. She prefers water.

-She loves: Peekaboo, dropping things and me saying Uh-Oh!,  the cat water (I cant keep her out of it!), bath time, going for walks, and DVD cases.

- She hates: Getting in the car seat, getting dressed, when mommy leaves :(, being tortured by her sister, and getting her face cleaned off.

1 thing I have been keeping my eye is her lack of babbling. She still does not "babble". I would be lying if I said it didn't concern me a bit. No babababa, dadadadada, or mamamama yet. She does however make noises, blows raspberries, knows her name, makes noises with intent, but she's defiantly not as verbal as Kay. I plan on bringing this up at her 9 month appointment. I'm not too worried yet, as she has been SO far advanced in her physical development, but it is something I am aware of.

5 comments:

{little birdie boutique} said...

Seriously cannot believe how big she is getting! She is so adorable. We really need to get these kiddos together soon. I think they would have a lot of fun together!

Momma Wilson said...

I can't believe how fast she's growing up! I think she is doing wonderful, don't worry about the lack of babbles. Jackson didn't at that age either. He still doesn't say much, but he's loud all the time! I think kids all do things on their own time:)

jkt said...

She's a cutie! Lucy didn't start babbling until right at 8.5 months and now we can't get her to shut up! :) Seriously though, I was kind of worried but now she definitely has b's, d's, and y's - maybe a few p's and it is the cutest thing ever. I am sure Miss M will be chattering away in no time! (Lucy also has met all of her physical milestones relatively early, so I wonder if there is some sort of correlation - they don't have time to learn how to talk, they are busy trying to figure out how to walk!)

Dana said...

Quit lying, there is no possible way that Miss M is 8 1/2 months old! Wow where has the time gone!?

Anonymous said...

I havent started giving gavin table food yet! Im not sure why, but it seems like I'm the only mommy that hasnt yet....when did you decide? He does eat those little puffs and he has tried potatoes...What is your advice>