Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Recent Purchase: Maclaren Quest Sport Stroller


I have a slight problem with strollers, slight meaning I always have to know what is out, what strollers do what, whats new, whats coming out, who's got new color coming out even if I;m not on the market for one....YEARS before I got pregnant with little M I would research strollers and dream of which one I would be pushing her in someday. It is my thing. Kinda like with your wedding, you know how you had one thing that was super important to you? The one little detail that was make or break for you? For me it was the flowers. In baby world its the stroller! So when it was time to start looking for something a little more light weight and smaller, I got excited! I don't rush into these kind of purchases, I do my research, see what my options are, drive to multiple store if need be to test drive, and I do have a budget in mind.

I am still planning on using my Peg Perego Pliko Switch (which I love love, but lets face it, that thing is big, heavy and a beast when folded) but I needed something for quick trips like picking Kay up from school, and for the nanny to use on the days she's here. And so it began......

I have always seen Maclaren's out and about, so I knew they were one to look at. I had also heard a lot about the Chicco Liteway,  so off to the stores I went with little M in tow to test them out. First, Maclaren makes about 4 different lightweight strollers, each with a little more luxuries and features than the next with each one getting more and more expensive. I was very disappointed in the Chicco Liteway- I really don't see what the hype is about. It maneuvered so poorly, and I think its because of those 2 freaky little wheels in the front. I had such better expectations from it and was really unimpressed. It had some pluses, but for a 20.00 difference in price, the Maclaren Triumph was so much better!! Both had the adjustable back which was a must for me but the Triumph was sturdier but lighter, had a attached carrying strap, and maneuvered GREAT for an umbrella, best one I tried so far. So after checking out a few others, I decided on the Triumph. But of course, nothing is ever easy for me and the 2010 models weren't out yet, so I had to wait a few weeks. No biggie.

So I went to the store yesterday to purchase and once again got lured into the amazing stroller section at Buy Buy Baby and started to really look at the difference between the Triumph and the Quest Sport. Yes,the Quest was way more than I wanted to spend, but you could really see a difference in features. One, it has MUCH more padding in the seat, it also has a extended footrest for the littler ones. It also has a little pouch in the back for Mom (none of the other had that!). The seat on the Quest made the Triumph feel like a Chinese torcher board. And right then I thought to myself, If I were Miss M and had to ride in this stroller for the next 3 years what would I be more comfortable in? The board or the luxury padding? SOLD!


I had a 20% off coupon, so that helped me justify the price difference :) I ended up getting the Champagne and Back as pictured and I cant wait to use it! I have never heard anyone complain about the Maclaren's so I feel confident in my choice. Just don't tell my husband :)

4 comments:

{little birdie boutique} said...

I love Maclaren. Almost got one, but ended up with the Britax Blink because they had it in Cowmooflage print :) They are VERY similar though. I'm sure you'll love it!

osuraj said...

I have been eyeballing those two brands as well so I'm glad you gave them a test drive! :-)

Brooke said...

This post is so funny and true. I am the way you are with strollers but with slings. I love baby slings! I have a couple and I would like a few more. My dh would freak if he knew how much I could really spend on slings..and cloth diapers.

Jenni said...

Thats funny Lisa, I have the same obsession but the hubs would seriously kill me if I came home with a third stroller. haha
but I do have to disagree with you on the chicco liteway. I have one, I love it.. It manevuers really well even with those single wheels in front. It's a breeze to fold up and stow away and super lite compared to my graco. It has a basket on the bottom which turns into a backback you can take off and use. My only complaint is the hood. it doesnt give enough shade. Other than that, I think its a great and lightweight stroller. =)