So, I'm home and OMG I had the most incredible time! The flight home yesterday was very long (12 hours of flying) and now here I am up at 4:30 am. :)
A short recap:
- Italy is amazing, incredible, nothing like I've ever seen. AMAZING! The buildings and architecture are such an amazing sight to see- so ornate and beautiful! and to think they built all that by hand without the use of modern day technology.
- I ate HUGE 4 course meals every night and ate gelato single.every.day and lost weight.
- I was in the most beautiful cities and cried myself to sleep every night because I missed my kids so much.
- There are hardly any fat people in Italy- which makes me realize how disgusting the US's eating habits/food are.
- I will never understand how to properly use a bedat (I even googled, which is a scary scary site), they are not practical at all...I'm so confused?! I just don't get it.
- They eat pizza with a fork and a knife, and don't slice it. You get the whole thing on a plate and start in the middle.
- I want a little Italian speaking baby.
- I saw a fashion show in Milan fashion week- who can say that??!
- The restaurant don't open for dinner until 7:30- and prime eating time is 9:00pm, by 9:30pm, they are packed! Dinner also takes around 2 hours.
- Every day at 4:30-5:30 pm, there are huge long lines outside of every gelato shop on the streets. That's what they d0- have gelato at 5:00, then dinner around 8-9. There are no snacks, no chips, no fast food. You get gelato at 5 or you go hungry until dinner.
- The city of Torino was my last on my list, and I wasn't too excited about it- but it REALLY surprised me. It's a site to see!
- Every thing in Italy is VERY expensive, I'm talking 70++ dollars for dinner every night and 50 dollar lunches. Prepare to spend some money if you go.
- Every woman has a Louis Vitton bag- everyone!! They LOVE Louis Vitton. They also are very into boots. In many different heights, and styles. The fashion was amazing to see.
- The people are very friendly!
Now I waiting for my kids to wake up so I can spend every second with their sweet little faces- I missed them SO much. And let me tell you alot can happen in a week. My mom said Miss M took a STEP. Just one, but itsa comin'! She's spending more time standing independently and she's also just cutting her top left tooth. And her hair is longer :( I missed all that. It's amazing how much they grow and change in a week. If you have kids, hug them extra tight today- for tomorrow they will be bigger!!
Ciao Ciao for now.