Monday, September 22, 2008

Check!

Today was my saline sono and mock transfer. First, I had to arrive with a full bladder which really sucked because they were running about a 1/2 hour behind this morning. He started off with the mock transfer, inserted the speculum, then the thin floppy catheter, measured the depth of my uterus and all that jazz. Very simple and painless. Then what happened next was the best part....

I finally got to pee!!! AHHHHHHH relief....Then it was onto the second round of the show.

The saline sonogram. It's basically a in depth ultra sound of the uterine cavity and tubes. He inserted another catheter, then the ballon and shot the saline through my uterus, then came the trusty vag cam to check things out in there. So I had both a catheter and the vag cam all at once...don't be jealous. It was pretty much just like the HSG, except with the vag cam too. Again, painless for me thank god.

I left with some AF like cramps, and have had them on and off today but nothing unbearable. Everything looked good, and my RE even mentioned to me that I have a "great looking uterus" and that he thinks "I am going to do great with the IVF and get lots of good eggs"!!

So now all the testing is officially done and it's onto the teaching, pay 10,000 to hopefully have a baby, and sign my life away appointment this Thursday!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you are checking things off the list and getting that much closer! I'm so happy for you, Daniel and Kaylee!

Alicia said...

Yea! Are you feeling better today?

Stacey said...

I'm so excited you guys are making progress! And I feel your pain on the having to pee that was the worst part at my first ultrasound, and they were running late too!

my hope my faith my love said...

Glad it went well.

WantWait&Pray said...

Girl you are on a roll! Just think about where you and DH were 3 weeks ago!? I am so happy the doors have been opened and you are up and going with this IVF...I have good feelings about it for both of us! We might just be labor buddies- or close to labor buddies! Thanks for the advice about taking tylenol prior to my sono...I'll definitely remember to. I hope the experience goes easy like yours did.....and that my results look good!

Unknown said...

Wow! Things seem to be moving right along now. I'm so happy for you!

alie said...

im so excited for you! im keeping everything crossed for you girlie~