Monday, September 8, 2008

Totally Devastated

I got the call back from the RE's office while we were at the uro's today for my DH's b/w since being on the HCG injects(kind of ironic) and I bet you can tell from my title that it was not good. not good at all.

Total count: 300,000 (should be 20-85 MILLION)
Motility: 3% (should be more than 50%)

They did not have the results back on the morph yet, but with counts that low it doesnt really matter. 300 HUNDRED total motile sperm, thats it. I am pretty sure the RE is going to cancel our IUI. It would be a TOTAL waste of money. I dont understand why my DH's body always reacts the oppistite way as it should. Now his hormones are right but look at his S/A results. I am at a loss for words. Needless to say I am completly devastated and I cried all the way home. We cant really afford IVF right now....I dont know what I am going to do, I just cant stop crying. After all that we have been through I was so happy to be able to move forward and look what has happend. I was stupid to think that this might be it for us.

8 comments:

my hope my faith my love said...

I saw your post on the nest and my heart sank for you guys. One thing about IF, you can take two steps forward but may have to take one step back. Praying for you guys to find soem answers and figure out what you will do. So sorry this has happened.

Christy G said...

I am so so sorry, I felt this way too when we found out. Our last test had 0%. It's like, are you kidding me?? So then we had to do ICSI, it was really depressind that not even a regular IVF would work.

PeasOut said...

I am so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you both. ((Hugs))

bella1021 said...

:(
I am sorry to hear the news :( Praying for you both and a better plan forward.

Momma Wilson said...

I am so sorry for your news. My thoughts are with you!

Jennifer said...

I'm so sorry you're going through this. You and your DH are in my prayers.

WantWait&Pray said...

Oh my gosh, Lisa.....I am so sorry! Not the news you want at all. I am thinking of you and praying that this was a fluke...are you doing b2b IUI's? Maybe if he gives another sample they will see different results?

Lisa said...

We are not doing b2b IUI's. Our clinic does another sort of technique where they not only inject into your uterus, but actually right near the opening of your tubes...it is supposed to have a higher succes rate, which is why I am guessing they dont do b2b's.

I emailed the RE this morning and am still waiting to see what he says.

Thank you all for all your kind words and support, it means alot to me.