Sunday, October 16, 2011

First Day of School

Last week was M's first day at school! The morning started out a little rough...


And although it doesn't quite look like it in the pictures (she woke up on the wrong side of the crib that morning!), she had a great time! She didn't cry at all at drop off and even napped for 1.5 hours! I was a little impressed with that, considering she is light sleeper who has never slept outside of her crib. When we arrived, she ran right in with her little classmates, didn't shed a tear when I left, and they said she was perfect all day! She participated, sat at the table like a good girl, ate all her snacks/lunch, and made some friends and particularly with a little girl named Ella. Makes me feel so good that she is enjoying her time there!


Getting 2 kids, dressed, ready, lunches packed for school, me dressed and ready for work and out the door by 8:15am however is a different story. I wasn't prepared for that! I was realllly missing the nanny at that moment let me tell you! I prepped a lot the night before, but its one of those things that you just have to be thrown into to really see how its going to work ...even if your pulling your hair out and running around like a chicken with your head cut off. It will get easier I know, this is a whole new routine for all of us!

And speaking of the little lady, she's a talkin' machine now! As of about a month ago at 21 months, she started repeating EVERYTHING and even started putting 2 words together on a regular basis. It happened literally overnight. She went from being mildly delayed and evaluated for her possible speech delay, to talking. Just like that! It's crazy! People and her pedi would say that "Oh, she's just going to be one of those kids who just decides to talk one day". and I would think "But really? She's just going to TALK out of the blue one day....sure" But that's exactly what happened! She is so amazing and last night when she said "Ni Ni Mom ma" and hugged me tight, my heart melted. These are the moments that I wish I could freeze forever.

1 comment:

{little birdie boutique} said...

Aww I'm so glad she is doing so well with school! Aren't they at such a fun age? I really wish Nolan could stay this age forever!