Saturday, August 15, 2009

19 Weeks


Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might actually get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature.
How far along: 19 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Up 11 pounds total from my last OB appt.
Maternity clothes: Yes, everything is maternity now.
Stretch marks: Nope, and hope it stays that way too!
Sleep: Still fucking terrible. Now instead of being up from 4:00-6:00 am every night, I am up from 1:00-3:00 am. Great.
Best moment last week: Seeing our baby at our big u/s and finding out were having another girl!
Movement: Yes, and I love it! Starting to feel kicks and jabs, rather than just flutters, etc. Also felt her for the first time from the outside this week!
Food cravings: Beef, specifically roast beef this week.
Gender: GIRL!
Labor Signs: No, and I hope not for a loooong time.
Belly Button in or out: Starting to pop out. Kay asked me the other day if that was the baby's finger that was causing my belly button to poke out...too funny!
What I miss: A full nights sleep...without waking up, although I am starting to think this will never happen.
What I am looking forward to: Starting her nursery, and buying baby stuff!
Milestones: Getting our bedding, this was huge for me since I was having such a hard time. Although it is not what I was expecting (color wise), I still love it and am now trying to change my vision to accommodate it. I promise I will add pics soon!!

1 comment:

osuraj said...

Congrats on finding out it's a girl! That's exciting. :-)