Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Whole New Chapter: Kindergarten!

I cant believe for one second that my baby is getting ready to start kindergarten in less than 2 weeks!! Where did the last 5 years go? The whole thing just makes me so sad. I feel like that once she starts kindergarten that that's it...its over, life as we know will totally change and before you know it she will be 18 and leaving for college. Okay okay, that's a little extreme, but I do feel that way to an extent. No more lunch dates with my mini me, no more week day play dates or morning trips to the park, or waking up and saying "what are we going to do today Kay?" She will be gone everyday from 8:30-2:30 M-F!

I used to dream about the days of free child care, but now that its here its too much. Yes, she went to preschool but that was only 3 mornings a week and she was not required to go. And yes I am sure being a hormonal pregnant mess is not helping at all here...I mean I cried buying school supplies the other day! What am I going to be like on the first day of school? Yes, I will be "that" mom! Taking a thousand pictures, kissing her goodbye, and crying in my car all the way home.

I watched her sleep the other night just imagining her back as a little baby. She still has the same baby face when she sleeps. All nice and snuggled up, I imagined what she will look like when she is grown up, and how fast the years have gone by and how I cant possibly imagine loving something or someone else as much as I love her. I know I will when the baby comes, and I already love this baby so much but its hard to imagine loving something else as much as her. She is my life and has been from the moment she was born. I tell her all the time that she is my best friend and she really is!

So my first born is off to kindergarten!! Bottom line: it should be illegal for that to happen when you are pregnant because I cried writing this entire post! I'm a wreck!


5 comments:

Jenni said...

Awe Lisa - your making me sad just thinkin about it.. :( She is going to have so much fun in kindergarten, and your going to love all the cool new stiries she will have for you and all the cool art she is going to bring home to you!! :0)

Stacey said...

Ohh that's so sad, I'm not a hormonal mess and I cried reading this! She's going to love Kindergarden and you will have all sorts of new experiences.

Once Upon A Time said...

As a kindergarten teacher- don't worry, you won't be alone on that first day. It gets easier as the year goes by. And a suggestion: you can still have lunch dates- at school. :) Kindergartners love that.

Jamie said...

That is the saddest thing I think I read in a long time. =(

Jenni said...

Hey Lisa lisa, I'm tagging you..

:My Heart: Here is what you need to do:

The rules: "With as much creativity as you can muster, show your heart in: a picture, a poem, a song (or piece of music), a phrase (or quote), an item of clothing, a place, and (just for fun) a Disney princess. If you want to join in, tag six more blogs!)