Saturday, August 22, 2009

20 Weeks


Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And, speaking of the diaper situation... baby's genitals are now fully formed!
How far along: 20 weeks- Half way there!
Total weight gain/loss: Up 11 pounds total from my last OB appt. and something is going on because all of a sudden this week I am HUNGRY all the time.
Maternity clothes: Yes, everything is maternity now.
Stretch marks: Nope, and hope it stays that way too! Buttering up every night.
Sleep: Better this week, thank god. I have stopped waking up in the middle of the night for hours, and when I get up to pee I can pretty much go back to sleep. I still sleep restlessly though...tossing/turning most of the night.
Best moment last week: Buying her first outfits.
Movement: Yes, and I love it! There is nothing to describe how awesome it is to feel your baby move inside you. It just blows me away. We are trying to get DH to feel her, but every time he puts his hand there, she stops : )
Food cravings: Still beef, orange juice, and white cherry frosties.
Gender: GIRL!
Labor Signs: No, and I hope not for a loooong time.
Belly Button in or out: Still the same...popping out a little.
What I miss: Feta cheese on my greek salad & blue cheese on my spinach salads. They just aren't the same without those cheeses.
What I am looking forward to: Picking out and ordering her furniture.
Milestones: Kay starting kindergarten!!

1 comment:

bella1021 said...

glad to hear you are sleeping a little more!!