Thursday, April 8, 2010

Question...

How long can you safely use the excuse "I just had a baby"?

I'm not just talking about baby weight, but also using it for an excuse for being late, or an excuse for not doing other things.

I find myself saying this a lot about work related stuff..."Sorry I didn't get that back to you, I just had a baby" or "opps, I forgot about that...but I just had a baby". Hey, I'll admit it, it's an easy out! But some of the time it truly is a valid answer. They don't call it "mommy brain" for nothing!

and a lot of times I will hear women say "I'm still not at my fighting weight yet, but I just had a baby!" and that kid is like 7 months old! C'mon lady.....it's time to be honest with yourself.

So honestly, how long do you think a new mom can use the excuse "I just had a baby" without looking like a giant slacker who is just hanging onto to the one crutch they have? 2 months, 4 months, 6 months?

In my opinion, 3 months. So I better find a new excuse for why I'm not getting any work done around here!

3 comments:

PeasOut said...

I figure I can stop using that excuse by the time he graduates... college. Yeah, that sounds about right. ;)

The Flores Garden said...

I have been wondering this too, especially with the baby weight! My LO is 3 months and I'm starting to feel like I can't use that excuse *as much* as earlier. I say definitely by 6 months, it's time for another excuse. =)

Momma Wilson said...

I was hoping to use it for at least the first year:)