Saturday, October 10, 2009

27 Weeks

This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like the head of a cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning- with a lot of medical help- if she was born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on.

How far along: 27 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: Up 18 pounds at my last ob appt.
Maternity cloths: Yes
Stretch marks: None yet, thank god.
Sleep: Better I guess...still not great.
Best moment last week: Seeing her at our u/s again! Passing my 3 hour glucose test.
Movement: Oh yes, and strong ones too!
Food cravings: Decaf pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks & Goober PB&J (the kind with the peanut butter and jelly all on one jar) I eat that with a spoon...who needs bread?!
Gender: Girl..I had them double check yesterday too! Just to make sure she didn't decide to grow a penis since the last u/s : )
Labor Signs: Nope, but lots of braxton hicks contractions.
Belly button in or out: Out!
What I miss: Pants with zippers, being able to run if need be, and putting on and tying my own shoes.
What I am looking forward to: Working more on the nursery (yes, its a slow process around here), and my baby shower...so excited because my BFF from Cali is coming!
Milestones: Making it to 3rd tri!

No comments: