Friday, October 16, 2009

Stressful Week

Let's just say I am glad this week is over.

I have a lot going on in my life right now and have been feeling very overwhelmed and stressed out most days. I do my best to try and remind myself that "this too shall pass" and that some things are out of my control. I know its not good for me to feel stressed out while pregnant. I have noticed that when I am really stressed I have more braxton hicks contractions....and that's no bueno. I will not disclose everything that is going on, but one of my biggest worries is the fact that we have started another huge renovation on our house (we are knocking out a wall and adding a new foyer and front door, adding a step in the living room, finishing my DH's office, and re carpeting). I lay awake at night worrying if it will be done in time for the baby. It HAS to be done in time. I cant have any construction going on with a newborn in the house. But again, its out of my hands...we are at a stand still...pending a city building permit. I am at their mercy. I know when this goes through I will feel better.

So here's to better days!!! Let the weekend begin : )

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hang in there sweetie..hugs. I know what it's like to go through construction during your pregnancy. Ours wasn't quite as extensive as yours, but our master bathroom (the only one with a shower!) was out of commission for almost a week while being reno'd. I had to go to my IL's to shower.

I pray that it gets done. Keep drinking the water and hopefully it helps with the BH. I know the stress contributes, but water can't hurt ;)