Monday, November 1, 2010

Meal Planning Monday

  • Skinny Sloppy Joes. My friends have been raving about this recipe, so I cant wait to try it.
  • Slow Cooker Pinapple Chicken. As you can see, I usually make 1 crock pot meal a week. I plan that on purpose for on my busiest days (Monday for me), its hard to prepare a home cooked meal when you get home late after a crazy busy day. So the crock pot is your best friend if this is your life! I'd much rather set it all up in the am and have it done when we get home on those busy days. And now that its cooler out, I'll be using it much more! I will serve this with organic jasmine rice.
  • French Onion Soup with Grilled Cheese Sammy's.
  • Pasta with Bolognese Sauce. served with balsamic glazed green beans. Easy just steam the green beans until cooked but still crunchy, drain, add a clove of garlic, a drizzle of EVOO, salt and pepper, and a couple splashes of some good balsamic vinegar to the hot pan, add the green beans back toss to coat and Viola! A easy way to dress up regular green beans. They are soooo good too! 
  • Heirloom Tomato and Goat Cheese Pizza. Really super easy (only 5 ingredients!!) and you can totally modify this too. You could use regular tomatoes instead of heirloom, and skip the goat cheese if you don't like it  (I personally LOVE it), or you could sub out goat cheese for feta or blue! Also, I wont be grilling this, but rather baking it in the oven on a baking sheet at 350 until cheese is melted and crust is light golden brown. Served with a side salad.

No comments: