Monday, February 28, 2011

Meal Planning Monday

Here is my meal plan for this week. In no particular order :) Trying out a few new ones, as well as a few trusted entrees!
  • Oven "Fried" Chicken Fingers with Honey-Mustard Dipping Sauce served with some steamed broccoli. I'll have a big salad and top with this chicken, and drizzle with LF honey mustard dressing if I have left overs! I am a big salad eater and adding the chicken with honey mustard dressing gives a traditional salad a yummy makeover.
  • Thai-Style Stir-Fried Chicken served with basmati rice (no more than 1/2 cup if your watching your weight!) There is even this how to video on how to make this. Its only 2 min and was very helpful.
  • Cuban Chicken Pizza's - looks so easy!
  • Baked Penne made with whole wheat pasta and low fat cheese with a big garden salad (my portion is no bigger than the size of my fist and my salad is HUGE!)
  • Build Your Own Burger Bar on Toasted Sandwich Thins. Basically I make burgers and create an assembly line of choices including slice pickles, tomatoes, shredded lettuce, sauteed mushrooms and onions. I also put out BBQ sauce, thousand island, mustard, mayo, and ketchup for condiment sides. Kay has fun with this because she can build her own burger, and everyone can get the burger they want! My burger usually consists of the burger (no cheese; an easy easy to cut cals and no ketchup; too much sugar) mustard, lettuce, tomato, pickles, and sauteed mushrooms/onions!  I usually serve burgers with some homemade oven baked potato and sweet potato fries.

No comments: