Monday, October 25, 2010

Skin Care

I am going to share my skin regimen with you; especially since I've notice a change in my skin since changing up my routine! Up until recently, I was one of those girls who went to bed with their makeup on. Yes, I know how bad that is. It totally dawned on me one day (after a nice microdermabrasion when my skin was glowing and clean) that going to sleep with all that makeup must be part of the reason why I start looking dull. I mean really yucky and just so dull looking. Its because my face is getting clogged up every night and night and not being hydrated like it should be! Duh. I used to wash my face every morning, use my moisturizer before putting on my makeup, and I exfoliated twice a week, and that was my routine. Not bad, but not great. I still use most of the same products that I have been using for years, I've just added in some new serums and added a cleaning and WOW what a difference!
 
Now I wash my face twice a day (morning and night) using my Rhonda Allison Pumpkin Cleanser that I have been using for years. Love this cleanser and it smells SO good! Like a pumpkin pie  :) The lactic acid in pumpkin is wonderful for your skin.

A few months ago, I started using Lancome Genifique Youth Activating Serum under my moisturizer after each wash.


After I wash; I use my serum and the Genifique Eye cream 


Then I apply my moisturizer. Lancome's High Resolution Moisturizer. I have been using this for years also. I love this stuff, and it also smells so good! (I use this moring and night). What I also like is that it has a SPF 15. Which we all know is the # 1 thing we can do to prevent aging- sunscreen!



2-3x per week after my nightly washing, I exfoliate using Rhonda Allison's Brightening Scrub. This scrub is amazing! I cant live without it!


I got a very generous sample of the Renergie Microlift R.A.R.E. serum , so after I exfoliate I apply that, my eye cream, and then my moisturizer. I would normally buy this serum yet- but since I only use it 2-3 x per week, the sample jar has lasted me a few months!


So there you have it! And like I said before, I really have noticed a difference in my skin over the last few weeks. It's brighter, plumper, and much more radiant! That's enough to make me keep it going- because I can actually see a difference. And listen, I don't think you have to buy expensive products to have great skin. I think the cleaning and hydrating at night with whatever skin care system you are using, a good weekly exfoliating scrub, and using a moisturizer with SPF is what every girl needs- no matter what the cost/brand. Because now since hitting the 28 year curse...a girl's gotta keep it right ;)

2 comments:

andrea said...

Holy cow that's a lot of stuff! I thought I was doing good to wash my face 2x a day and put on moisturizer and anti-wrinkle cream under my eyes.. sigh..

Lisa said...

Thats really all I do...jsut add a serum under my moisturizer, and exfoliate 2-3x per week.

I'd say if thats all your doing though, your doing pretty good! Better than me all these years up until now!