Sunday, January 30, 2011

Meal Planning

So I finally got some time to sit down and write up a meal plan for this week. I also got a Bountiful Basket this weekend after weeks of hiatus. What a wonderful basket it was too I must say. Asparagus, cherries, strawberries, cauliflower and cucumbers just to name a few. I must say that after a couple weeks of "winging it" again  boy did I pay a price. My grocery bill really went up and dinner time became much more of a headache. So back on track with my meal plans this week!
  • Grilled Filet Mignon with mashed cauliflower, mixed veggies, and a side salad.
  • Jerk Style Shrimp (I use already peeled/deveined shrimp and I take the tails off) with Ginger Lentil Brown Rice (help from the grocery store) and steamed asparagus.
  • White Bean Turkey Chili with cornbread muffins
  • Soy Sesame Chicken (I just marinate cubed chicken breast in my favorite soy sesame sauce from the grocery store) with peppers, green onions, and maybe some pineapple chunks served over organic jasmine rice.
  • Low Fat Baked Ziti with Spinach served with a pear (thinly sliced), walnut, and shaved parmesan arugula salad. So easy, I call this my "Italian" inspired salad because I had it while we were in Italy. Just toss all those ingredients together with a squeeze of lemon juice, salt, pepper, and EVOO- just how they serve it in Italy! So light and delish!  

No comments: