Friday, June 13, 2008

Update: Our First RE Appt.

It went really well. We liked the Dr. and the facility a lot and I felt really good coming out of the appt. I do have a ovulatory issues, I do not ovulate regularly and with my husbands issues, we only have 2 options. Clomid/trigger shot and IUI or In vitro fertilization.We will not know which one we will have to do until next month when my DH gets his semen analysis after being on the clomid for the past 3 months. That will determine which route will will have to take.

If my DH has between 5-10 million good sperm, we will be able to do the clomid w/IUI which is around 1200.00 per try. If he has less than 5 mil. we will have to do in vitro, which is aound 14,000.00. So it all boils down to his results next month. Overall though, I feel SO much better that we at least have a plan of action , even though it still could be MANY months before I actually get PG.

In the mean time, I will be starting my testing. Blood work, a ultrasound on CD 3 next cycle, and then a HSG on CD 6. I really hope we have enough to do the IUI and am trying to be optimisstic, but also realize that the odds are against us. We will see next month! I feel a sense of relief at this point at knowing that we are moving in the right direction and are going to be under the care of a good RE!!

No comments: