Saturday, July 5, 2008

My 4th of July Festivites

We hosted a BBQ last night for about 20 people...man it is always so hectic preparing for any event, especially since I am a perfectionist when it comes to party planning, decorating, and the menu (I cooked all the food). I cooked and cleaned all day but everything turned out great! Everyone loved the food (and grilled avocado, tomato, and red onion salad was a HUGE hit!!) and had a great time.
3 different people asked me last night if I was pregnant, or when we were going to have a baby, or if we were trying. I hate when people ask because I have to keep a normal happy Lisa face and flat out LIE. "Oh yeah, were trying no biggie when it happens it happens" or "Yeah were going to have another one..very nonchalantly" I hate having to lie, and it is quite hard for me to act all normal because this has been a VERY emotionally hard week for me. Every time someone asks me those dreaded questions my stomach sinks....if they only knew. Now I am getting to a point that when we are around a large group or family I am just praying that no one asks.

When everyone left I told my DH and he was surprised that so many people asked me..and he asked if I was okay. I told him that I hate having to lie, but I understand that this is very personal and I don't want everyone knowing all of our issues. He said next time someone asks to just tell them that we are trying but we are having some problems. I agree, but you know when I tell someone that they are going to ask "What kind of problems?" and then what the hell am I gonna say? Its like opening a can of worms....infertile worms.

But last night turned out wonderful!! All the kids (there were about 10 here) had a blast and enjoyed the fireworks, of course Kaylee loved having other children around to play with....now if I had only remembered to take pics. Shoot!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

What?! No Pics? Bummer!

I am glad it turned out great! But I am sure it's hard to deal with that question. I have to say I probably would lie about it too. I think that as you start getting some more definate answers and a plan... it may make it easier for you to talk about. I don't blame you. You shouldn't have to tell anyone if you don't want to.