Friday, August 1, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me

WOW another year older! I am turning 26 today, and although I am not nearly as freaked out as when I turned 25, it is still crazy to think that I am 26. Another year closer to 30. YIKES! Not that I think that is old, because it is not old at all!! I just cant imagine ME being that age. I really do think that 30 is the new 20, 40 is the new 30, and so on.

Birthdays have always been a really big deal to me. I am not sure if it is because I was pretty much a only child and was spoiled rotten on every birthday as a child or what, but even as a adult my birthday celebrations last AT LEAST 3-4 days prior and post my actual birthday.

So it all started 2 days ago. I went to the most upscale mall here and got my new Michael Kors bag and spent the day shopping. It was for quitting smoking and my birthday gift sort of thing. They did not have the exact one I wanted (it sold out), but I gone one that was equally fabulous!!! It is so new, that the ad campaign for it is not even out yet! So I am VERY excited about my new purse....made me a very happy girl. I got a few other things as well. It was a nice day of retail therapy for me.

Since today is my actual birthday today I am having a dinner with my family at an old Italian spot here. It has been a family favorite for years now and it will be nice to have everyone together to celebrate. Then tomorrow night my parents are keeping Kaylee and DH is taking me to Trader Vic's. I have been DIEING to go there since it opened, so I am very excited!! So all in all it should be a great birthday this year.

P.S. I am on CD 30 and still waiting for AF! I have been PMSing pretty bad so hopefully she shows up soon before I kill someone.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

HAppy Birthday Lisa! I hope you have a great weekend.

I am big on birthdays too. I celebrate everyone elses like crazy... mine... not so much. My birthdays have been bad the last 5 years or so...

My kids birthdays are my favorite! I'll celebrate for a week. LOL