Friday, September 25, 2009

Are You Sure Your Not Having Twins?

I get this question quite often....sigh. Really...all.the.time. When people ask me when I'm due, and I tell them January 9th, there eyes bulge out of their heads like I just told them I am from a different planet. 2 different people at the nail salon the other day couldn't believe I am this big and not due until January. One of them said "Wow!" The other one said "Are you sure there is only one in there?" Well, yes, I have had about 6 ultrasounds already and yep there's only one! I also try and put emphasis on the fact that I am due in early Jan. (like it really matters) Its really becoming a daily thing. I never really know what to say other than this is my second, and I am much bigger than the first time around, and well...what else am I supposed to say? Yes I know my belly is huge! Even my DH cant believe how big my bump is...I am just worried about what I am going to look like when I am 8/9 months??!!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I get this too. Don't feel bad! People just have no tact.

looking4#3 said...

People are idiots. I remember hearing this with my daughter and I only weighed 135lbs the day she was born. Seriously, how big could I have been?? Then, with my son, people repeatedly told me, "Oh, there's now way your going til D-Day!! You're too big, that baby's got no room!!"
I think rather than people just saying, "Oh, congratulations....blah, blah, blah" They don't know what else to say, so they have to some out with something.
Seriously saying nothing is better. Silence is golden!!
I think you look great. Just remember the bigger the belly, the bigger the baby, the bigger HER belly will be and more time between feedings!!!!
Also, think of that woman that just gave birth to a 19 pound baby. Maybe that can be your comment back to someone....."Well, I might be big, but I am sure I am not nearly as big as the woman whose baby was 19lbs!!!"