Monday, September 28, 2009

A Change Of Heart

Ever since long before my BFP I was set on doing maternity photos! I mean, there wasn't even a question in my mind, this is probably my last pregnancy and I am doing them. I didn't do them with Kay, and wish I had more pictures of me pregnant with her. I didn't even take belly pictures when I was pg with her! Well as time goes on and the bigger I get I am really starting to change my mind. If I had not put on 20 pounds while doing fertility treatments (keep in mind I am only 5'1 here people, 20 pounds is A LOT!) and was my normal weight when I got pg I might think differently. But I honestly don't like the way I look. Not in pictures, not it the mirror, not in person, so why would I pay someone to take pictures of me that I will probably hide away and never hang, etc. I am starting to think belly pictures will be enough to fulfil the need to capture the beauty that is my growing belly! Its not my bump that I don't like, I LOVE my belly....its the rest of me. I look like a weeble...they weeble and they wobble but they don't fall down..yeah...those weebles!! My ass and thighs are huge! And I know most women feel huge while they are pregnant, but honestly that evil infertility treatment weight gain really blew it for me : (

I love my belly and plan to take a belly picture every 2 weeks from now on! I just hope I don't end up regretting not doing them.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I felt the same way when I was pregnant. I didn't even take belly pictures. The only pictures of me pregnant is my wedding since I was a couple of months pregnant then. I regret not taking any. I think maternity photos would be great because they would be more posed, you look georgous don't forget that! You'll get your figure back you did it once you'll do it again. Just remember that all of the wieght gain is for one purpose of making a second mini lisa!

Samantha said...

Girl, I'm 5 ft tall and was already 20 pounds overweight (and that's over the highest possible weight in the "normal" range for BMI) when I got my BFP, and have since gained another 25 from the pregnancy, so I know what you mean. But I had a friend take maternity photos at 25 weeks and I LOVE them. Do you have any friends with a really good camera who might want to do them, instead of paying a professional?

Jenni said...

LISA LISA LISA!! I'm going to have to sick Shelly on you!!
I for one know exactley how you feel.. I was ginormous.. I knew it, i felt it , and I even doubted taking maternity pictures as well. However - I am SOOOO glad I did.. I love being able to go back and look at my belly- Your cookin somethin special in there and if anything its BEYOND special.. so I say do it.. Really I think you will regret it.. You dont have to get nekid, or lift your shirt.. But I would definitely reconsider.. Do some with daniel and with kaylee, all together etc.. I think your beautiful - I think all pregant woman are beautiful.. You may not feel like it but you are!!! :0)
I hope you do it..