Saturday, September 12, 2009

MAJOR Check!

I ordered the baby furniture today!!

This had really begun to stress me out because I was planning on ordering from JC Penny's which only takes a week or 2 to come in, but really started second guessing the style. It just seemed a little too bulky for the size of the room. Most baby furniture lines take anywhere from 9-18 weeks to come in depending on the brand. So I started to panic, thinking I should have ordered this a few weeks ago. Well today I got really really lucky and found out that the USA Baby near my house had a Munire collection in the finish we wanted in stock at their warehouse! So we bought it! It will be in a week or two. So here it is, the Munire Essex collection. We ordered it in white. I ended up buying the crib, and the combo dresser minus the hutch (we don't have room for the hutch, although I would love to have it). It will double as the changing table as well. Oh I am so happy I don't have to worry about this anymore.

Meanwhile, back at home today we found that the nursery needed much more prep work than originally planned. Along the wall with no window I found out that there was no electrical outlet, and that was just not going to work. So we had to install one today, but ah...its never easy around here. The wall right behind the drywall is cement to it had to be chiseled out enough to fit the outlet box. Not an easy job. They went ahead and pulled up the carpet and had a lot sanding, etc. to do. So this is what I came home to.

Needless to say, its not going to get painted today..but it is a work in progress!! And that's good enough for me : )

5 comments:

Stacey said...

I love it! That sucks about the room not having an outlet but I'm glad you got it taken care of.

I love the combo dresser changing table, that is what we did with Colin, I hated having the extra piece that wasn't necessary really.

looking4#3 said...

AAhhh, Rome wan't built in a day. I am sure your little girl's girl will get done in plenty of time and it will be gorgeous!!!!
Setbacks do suck though.
I replied back to you in my comments!!!!

bella1021 said...

YEAH!! That is our collection too... I was torn between the chestnut and the white... went with the wood...

Don't you hate when you can't actually finish a project you want to do because there is so much else that comes up!! grr!

Momma Wilson said...

Love, love the furniture. The nursery is going to be gorgeous!

Karen At Home Blog said...

We are also trying to decide between a set from JCP and the Essex set. I think I am leaning towards the Essex too, glad to see that someone else had the same decision to make!!!

Karen