Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Meal Planning

Up until about a month ago, my grocery shopping/meal planning consisted of going to the grocery store once a week, grabbing the "usual" and then day after day trying to think of things to put together for dinner. Well that's all in the past now! I have started planning out my meals a week in advance. It has made my life so much easier, and made dinner time hassle free. Now, I buy the meats/staples in one shopping trip, and then run to the store every few days for fresh produce, etc. Yes, I am going to the store a little more often, but I am saving money by planning ahead and buying only what I need , rather then winging it all the time and wasting. Here is my dinner meal plan for the next week or so:

  • Beef taco's with spanish rice and beans
  • Fish, rice, and a sweet baby peas
  • Burritos made with the leftovers from taco night
  • Chicken and rice casserole
  • Grilled steaks, baked potatoes, and sauteed green beans
  • Spaghetti, french bread, and a side salad
  • Soup and Sammie's
  • Crock pot beef stew
So now I don't have to ask myself "whats for dinner?" and worry about thawing something, having ingredients, etc. I post my meal plan on the fridge, and while I am making dinner the night before I take out what ever meat for the next day to be defrosted! So much easier!

5 comments:

WantWait&Pray said...

Ugh, I SOOO need to do this!

Momma Wilson said...

Good for you! I wish I could do this, lately dinner has been turkey sandwiches!

Tabitha said...

I started doing this about a month ago, and it works SO well! It saves money, saves not konwing what to buy at the grocery store, and keeps food that you just don't eat from going bad! And your menu sounds delicious! I love to make caseroles too, and then freeze the leftovers for "lazy days". =)

The Riesbergs said...

You try this website....I have heard rave reviews.

http://onceamonthmom.com/september-menu-grocery-list-instructions-labels-and-podcast/

LORI said...

Keep posting your weekly menus! I'm trying to do this but I am AWFUL at planning menus!