Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Speaking of Photos...

The photographer I am working with to do all my maternity (if I still do them), newborn & 3 months portraits offered to photograph my labor and delivery for free! She offered to do it just for the chance to shoot such an amazing, special event, given that me and my DH were comfortable with the idea. At first I had to think about this and talk it over with my DH and see how he felt about having someone else (who is essentially a stranger) in the room for one of the most intimate moments of our lives. He was fine with the idea (relieves him from camera duty : ) So I really started to think that there is no way in hell I will let this opportunity pass me by! I know what a whirl wind the miracle of child birth is and there are never enough pictures! Plus can you imagine what AMAZING photos she will be able to capture?


She also shot my trash the dress pictures back in April! I love her style and feel like she will really be non-intrusive being a mother of 2 herself.


I know this will be such a special, amazing, deeply personal moment in time so I was wondering what others though of the idea? Too personal to have someone else in the room? Or a perfect opportunity to capture some amazing photos? What do you think?

7 comments:

Stacey said...

I love the idea of having someone else shot the birth. I mean I would have some ground rules, but I had that with Charles shooting it. Granted since I ended up with a c-section those rules didn't really apply :o). Also there are things that I wish would have been photographed that got missed, like Charles cuting the cord that wouldn't happen. Granted my awesome surgery staff did offer to take over photography duty if Charles didn't want to do it.

I could never let a total stranger in the room, but she isn't a total stranger.

I say do it! If you end up not liking them they get put away, but she might love them someday.

bella1021 said...

I would say go for it.. I am a photo nut.. and you want good pictures of this!! ;) if Dh is a ok -- run with it ;)

The Riesbergs said...

I would say DO NOT PASS THIS OPPORTUNITY UP!!!

You won't regret doing this and plus you two will be so overwhelmed with a new baby that someone might forget to take picture.

I love the idea...

Momma Wilson said...

what an awesome opportunity! go for it!!!

PeasOut said...

I think its an awesome idea! DO IT!

And as far as there being strangers in the room, what about all the nurses? I figure there will already be a milion strangers, this one is just in chaarge of the camera, not the baby warmer. :)

Karen At Home Blog said...

Hello, I just found your blog!!! It looks like you are also a fellow Nestie from the SAIF badge, I also frequent that board. Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I just had to drink the glucose drink on Friday. At first it wasn't so bad, and then it got worse as I drank more and more. What made it really bad is that I had to brush my teeth aftewards. Yuck!!!!

Karen

Justine said...

doooo it!
The photographer that shot my bridal shower, wedding and TTD will be doing my maternity, L&D and the baby's first year.