Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Who Knew?

There were so many different shades of grey! I walked into Home Depot with a very good idea of the color I wanted, but was overwhelmed by how many other colors of grey I liked for the nursery. I walked out with 4 samples, got home at painted away. Well they were all MUCH darker once they were on the wall. These are all pretty light looking colors, so I was shocked that they turned out so dark. Thank god for samples right? The four colors on the top are the original samples I brought home, and I really liked the last 2, but they were still too dark. So I went back to Home Depot this morning and they made the same colors for me but with 1/2 the concentration (the 2 shades on the bottom are the colors as the ones above, only lighter). The one I like best is the bottom left.


And here are the 2 lighter versions I narrowed it down to, but larger.

Ultimately I think I will go with the one on the left (Behr's Graceful Grey UL260-10). It has a more earthy undertone, where the other one has more of a blue/cool undertone. So I think it will match the bedding/decor better. Our house helper is coming over on Saturday to prep the walls and get started on the painting. I'm so excited!! I'll post pics when it's all done!

4 comments:

looking4#3 said...

Beautiful choice. I am sure your little girl's room is going to be stunning!!!

Amy said...

I love that color! I just did grey in our nursery and I love it! The room will look great!!!!

WantWait&Pray said...

Great choice. I think the other option has a teeny bit more blue undertones in it. Looks fantastic....can't wait to see it!

AsheAnn said...

i love the color choices. our guest room (which will be a baby room in the future) is a greyish purple. it's called "tunnel of love" and i believe its a BEHR brand paint. I will have to take a picture and email it to you! :) I hope your going well. ttyl.