Sunday, May 8, 2011

CD 12

I walked into my appointment this morning for my follow up u/s expecting to know if we would be cancelled or not. I assumed that we'd either cancel, or be ready to trigger. Neither of this was the case. I still cant believe how different this cycle is going compared to all of my others. Leave it up to infertility to throw a curve ball at you when you least expect it. All of my follies continued to grow, but now I have a 17, 16, 16, 14, 14, in the lead with a few more smaller ones around 11, 12, and 13. We tossed around a few ideas...

-Trigger today hoping that only the 17 and 16's produce an egg even though they are not the "ideal" size for trigger. We almost did this, but I decided that if I am going to use this sperm for our final IUI's I want the conditions to be PERFECT and this was not.

-Cancel assuming they will all continue to grow and we will have too many follies to proceed. Which unfortunately this is what we think is going to happen considering that they already continue to grow since my last u/s 2 days ago.

-Or come back tomorrow and PRAY that the 14's seize and the 16's and 17 are ready for for trigger tomorrow (my RE likes them to be around 20 at trigger time).

I really don't want to cancel unless we have to and I am not ready to pull the plug just yet. I am still hoping that we can continue with this cycle and my body will cooperate so I am going back at 9:00am tomorrow for another u/s to see where they are at. FINGERS STILL CROSSED!!!!!

3 comments:

Jaye said...

Still crossed over here too, Lisa!

spritemite said...

You don't know me, but I lurk on your blog a lot. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you too!

Kristen said...

Good luck! I always triggered at 18mm because that is when my body decided to surge on it's own, so I believe mature eggs can be in smaller follicles that are thought to be "ideal". Can't wait to hear how tomorrow goes!