Monday, May 9, 2011

CD 13

Just when I thought things couldn't get ANY weirder with this cycle and my body, they did. Once again, I walked in to meet my fate with the vag cam expecting answers and a conclusion to this mess and walked out with even more questions and even more confused than ever.

My Doc placed the vag cam in, and started with the left first (my rock star side). Well you know how yesterday there was  17 and a 16's and some 14's on that side? Well now there is NO 17, but a 16, a few 15's, and then a few more trailing along at 13. U/S showed NO growth. WTF?!! I am completely and utterly clueless as to what is going on here. At first he thought well maybe I ovulated on my own already? But I have not gotten a + OPK as of yet. Although I did have to take it earlier yesterday and today because of my appointments. 

He moved over to the right side and I have a few on that side still, but they are all SMALL (like 10-12)!!!! He thinks that maybe we need to "keep feeding them" for them to continue to grow?? So I am instructed to give myself a 50 unit shot and come back tomorrow. I really don't know what to think at this point. We are both kind of at a loss to what is going on. But I guess the body works in mysterious way and this is showing us just how unpredictable it and infertility can be.

I decided that from now on I am leaving my expectations of whats going to happen with this cycle at the door, because here I went from on the verge of being cancelled for having TOO many to basically flat lining in the last couple days.

The only thing I can do now is trust my Dr. and hope that my body is just keeping us on our toes a little. Because like Thomas Jefferson said anything worth having is worth fighting for......

3 comments:

juliane2004 said...

Do you use OPKs once or twice a day?

Lisa said...

Just once, and between 10-11:00am. Except the last 2 days I've had to take them at 9 am after not holding my pee too long because of my appts (we have to empty your bladder).

Momma Wilson said...

Thinking about you guys this morning, hoping for good news:)