Wednesday, May 4, 2011

CD 8

I started my daily OPK's this morning (today's was negative), took my last clomid pill last night (good rid dins!) and my last follistim shot just a few minutes ago! Thankfully nothing crazy happened this time. I have been doing the shots myself and I am pretty proud of myself! But lets face it, its either that or get stabbed again. So I think I'll just suck it up and do it.

I haven't started feeling anything in my ovaries yet, no dull aches or fullness so I am curious to see how well I respond this time. It is only CD 8 so maybe in the next few days I'll start feeling something. Next up- my ultra sound/follie check on Friday!

I know this is probably going to sound crazy, but during the midst of all this I am still trying to lose 5 pounds. Ambitious I know given that I am being pumped full of hormone this month but I AM DETERMINED. Of course, if I get pregnant I will ease up but until I see 2 lines it's full steam ahead. We are going on a 7 day eastern Caribbean cruise at the beginning of June!! That means I'll be in a bathing suit for 7 days straight. If that's not motivation, I don't know what is!

I've been doing really well eating good and maintaining my exercise routine, and plan to continue to do so except the 2 days following my IUI. After that I might ease up a little on the intensity of my workouts during the 2ww until I test. Eeekkk! I'm scared already!

Would it be too much to ask for to lose 5 lbs AND get pregnant? : )

1 comment:

{little birdie boutique} said...

You are so getting pregnant. I can feel it. No joke.