Tuesday, May 10, 2011

CD 14

Annnnnd the saga continues folks. I keep hoping that every time I post an update here that I will have a definite answer of what is going with my cycle, but once again my body has its own ideas. Even my Dr. thinks this whole thing is pretty bizarre! I went in today and low and behold my ovaries look EXACTLY like they did on Sunday! I have a 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, and an 11 on the left side. And only 2 other little guys on the right (10 and 13). Is that bad to have all of them on one side?? That's pretty much how things were looking on Sunday, then I apparently stalled out a little for the last 2 days and now back to where they were. Freaky Freaky! So the extra little shot yesterday must have given them the memo that this isn't over yet.

However, I am still not ready. My RE thought that I should do another shot today and *hopefully* I'll be ready for trigger tomorrow for an IUI on Friday. But because I had already used all of my 300 unit cartridge with this cycle already and he didn't want me busting into a whole new one, he called in a 75 unit vial of Bravelle upstairs to the pharmacy. So I ran upstairs, paid the 55.00 bucks, came back down stairs, mixed the meds and gave myself a shot right there on the spot. Done and Done.

He said I didn't have to come back tomorrow, remember I am all OOP and paying $290 a pop here so he is trying to be mindful of that, which I do appreciate. He said that I could just go ahead and trigger tomorrow night. We discussed this and I told him that I wasn't so sure about how I felt about that. What I have learned over the last 6 days is that I can no longer trust my body to do what it should do. Theoretically, they should have continued to grow over these last couple days. Not stop. And yes, they should grow and be ready tomorrow but after all this, I am not sure that's what will happen. I am just not willing to take ANY chances here and would rather shell out the extra $$ than waste my only shot at ever having another baby. I just cant.

So I'll be shelping my ass back to the RE's office tomorrow once again, for the 4th day in a row and my 5th so far this cycle for another u/s. I really don't mind it, except the money part. Either way, we decided that since this has gotten so crazy that if for any reason I am not ready tomorrow- we are just going to cancel, scrap this cycle, and start over. So much has happened already, that if I am not ready tomorrow I am not prepared to continue on under these weirdo circumstance.


Also, before I forget we all had a suedo meeting while I was there. Myself, my RE, and the sperm guy. I feel bad calling him that, but I don't know what his official job title is. I just wanted to make sure that we were all on the same page as to what we are dealing with and what exactly will go down Friday, if that is IUI day. Sperm guy says he will start with defrosting 2 vials first, then add a 3rd and so on until we hit 5 mil. or above. What he told me next had me spinning into a full blown panic attack. He said that the sperm has not been washed or prepped! WHATS THAT YOU SAY SPERM GUY??!! My jaw literally hit the floor and stayed there for at least 30 seconds. That means there will be even less in each vial after they spin/wash it. I was under the impression that this was all done at collection time and these numbers were post wash, etc.

I don't know guys, I just really beaten up here about this whole thing. I sure hope all this isn't a sign...

3 comments:

Momma Wilson said...

omg, this is just craziness!!! I think it's just a sign that your next kid is really going to keep you on your toes:)

Erin said...

Oh wow, this is just nuts! I've been thinking a lot about you this week as you go through all this - I'll be sending out lots of positive vibes to you tomorrow!

Jenni said...

Wow, thats alot to stomach and you really seem to be handeling everything so gracefully!! I would be freaking OUT!! I can't get over how weird your bod is acting. Very bizarre. I hope for the best tomorrow and no scraping of this!! No no no no!! =)
Good luck!!!!